Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Halloween Post

It might've been over the past few years that I determined Halloween was one of the most useless holidays ever.  I was too old to go trick or treating, and I never get invited to Halloween parties.  On top of that, I hate horror movies.  Not just because they, when not based off of a Stephen King novel or something, tend to have lackluster plots and copious amounts of Fridge Logic, but because I'm easily scared.  So that kind of rules out going to "haunted houses" or whatever too (and in fact Halloween ensures a monthlong closing of my favorite park).  Wait, what does that leave then?  Well, candy.  And I do like candy.  But yeah, everything else.

But this year I thought about all this differently.  I think it was partially due to my English friend (yknow, Cat) who mentioned that Halloween was about being slutty, not scary.  Sometimes you hear things and because they apply to you, they stick, and I think that was one of them.  Okay, well I'm not exactly slutty either...but I am nerdy.  And thus, in a moment of fridge brilliance, I've figured out what my Halloweens are going to be like until further notice. 

Me?  I like the wacky, odd, campy, fantasy, fun sort of stuff, and that's what I'm focusing on.  I mean, Halloween is partially about watching movies, eh?  And the other part is about dressing up as something you're not. 

Ah heck, I'm just going to make a list of movies I've watched this weekend, and others that I would watch if I had the time and the patience.  Oh, and just because I want to include some games I'd play if they didn't take hours.

1. Batman '89
2. Batman Returns
3. Hocus Pocus (<- Actual Halloween Movie)
4. Scott Pilgrim vs The World (although that may just be because it's really really cold out)
5. The Dark Knight
6. Donnie Darko (<- Also partially Halloween Movie)
7. Pirates of the Caribbean (Okay, so I watch it all the time, but still good themes).

Games I'd play through:
1. Zelda Majora's Mask (Very creepy game)
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Luigi's Mansion
4. Gauntlet Dark Legacy
5. No More Heroes/NMH 2
Well, basically anything with a creepy level too.

But yeah, halloween THEMED, but not like overtly scary or anything. 

I don't remember what the point of this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment