Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Mostly Benign Scheme

At some point this week, I realized that something I began setting up a long time ago in my life has the potential to work...and when it does, it has the desired effect.  I'm talking about making things.  A long time ago I started making things.  In another step, I realized that I'd begun to make things so that other people could explore them in much the same way I explore things.  If I become interested in something, you see, I have to devour it.  If it's a new band, I must learn the names of all the albums and singles, all the band members and when they were in the band, and any other important facts there may be about them. 

I came to know that the purpose of creating all that I did was in order to build such an ensemble for myself.  I wanted people to be able to spend nights getting to know everything I'd done, ravenous to get up to speed on it all...to have them talk about it or want to talk about that.  I think that would be one of the greatest fulfillments of my life.  I had a taste of it this week...that is, I realized I'd gotten someone lost in my works, and it was actually a really good feeling, just as I'd predicted.  If only more people would take a genuine interest...I imagine that'd be genuine bliss.

Creating things is more than productive, it's expanding who you are.  My death will not be the end of the story...when I die my existence will be in the form of that which I have created, so the more I create the longer I live.  I don't need Dragon Balls for immortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment