Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

2348th Avenue Shuffle

Shuffle is really bad for my health, particularly the health of my brain.  Why?  When I turn shuffle on my iPod on a Friday night, it's like a turn on a bipolar manic depressive disorder.  One minute it's headbanging to MTH, the next it's dreaming of adventure with Jack Sparrow, then crooning in Destroy Stadium with Doctor Peace, and then on the run with Green Day, or an intense vocal cover of an artist who's voice is much higher than my own.  There's this great thing that happens on an evening where I have nothing better to do than switch on my iPod.  If ever there was an overload of awesome, this is it.

It's nights like this, where nearly everything is equal (I do skip songs), where Sora can take the stage with Billie Joe Armstrong, who happens to be opening for Nirvana in a festival hosted by Them Crooked Vultures, that I remember that I really like MUSIC.  It's funny, because a really good video game or movie piece will come on and I'll think about how my love for rock has faded...only to be headbanging two songs later to some old jam from a few years ago.  And this is without sugar, coffee, mountain dew, soda, or drugs.  Music is my all of those things, as stupid as it sounds and as often as it is repeated.  Take me to a party and Im a bump on a log, but play a string of songs I like and maybe things'd change.  The soundtrack to my life is an infinite playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment