Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Say Something

My lack of productivity in the past week or so has been eating away at my brain, and thus here I am putting down SOMETHING, whether it's good or not.  I've been tossing around topics for a blog post all evening, and nothing has really struck my fancy, so I don't know where this is going to go, which is fine since my rambly type blogs tend to end up fairly interesting.  Normally I allow myself about three weeks from the beginning of the semester for being a total slacker and not getting anything done, academically or creatively.  That means this is kind of a bonus.  That being said, let's take a moment to look at a few of the topics that weren't.

Tonight I had a run in with an empty ink cartridge.  Luckily the thing I need to print didn't absolutely have to get turned in tomorrow.  A clock is ticking, sure, but it wasn't one of those cases where you start narrating your life in your head because you're the last person you actually want to be.  It's funny though, since this is largely a commuter-based situation.  People who live on campus can just run to the library and be done a few minutes and a few cents later.  I suppose I could do that too, since I don't have anything better to do in my nearly two hour long break between classes tomorrow.  There's an idea...

I was also thinking about theme songs, but I realized, much like I always do, that if I wrote that post now, it'd be a disjointed mess.  It's true, sometimes my ideas have to sit and stew in order to reach the form they're in when they're posted...which is funny, since it never really takes that long and the posts I put up are still fairly messy and generally unkempt.  I'd still love to talk about all my different little theme songs...if only I could remember them all.  What got me thinking about it was hearing Eusine's Theme after having Ho-Oh's battle theme from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver playing all the time.  Back when I was only imagining what it might be like to go to MagFest and make my grand entrance, I started thinking about video game songs that would suit me, and Buena's Password and Eusine's Theme came to mind.  Nowadays I kind of prefer Eusine's Theme over Buena's Password, since it's a little more dramatic...but I should really be saving all the backstory for an entry.

I've been playing a lot of Ocarina of Time 3D lately too, and I've been thinking about writing a review for it, so that might come in the future.  It's been fun just sort of screwing around with the 3D effects and analyzing what the purpose of 3D is.  In that way, getting Ocarina of Time was a brilliant move, since it was a game I'd played before and had time to basically memorize.  When you know the original idea, I reckon it's easier to discern the goals of implementing it in 3D...kind of an interesting thought process really.

Communication has been a big thing lately too, and how it either works or doesn't.  I only didn't want to do a post about that because it more than likely would have been a little...downtrodden or bitter, and after the last few entries, I didn't want to do another one like that, especially since I'm in a decent mood, albeit a typically paranoid one.  Alas, school is in and there are assignments to forget.  I guess things should start being do soon, and then I'll actually have to start doing work.  I shouldn't complain really, since I doubt it will end up being too overwhelming.  I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but homework's not usually the part of college that worries me to death.

I don't really have all that much to say other than that.  My mind's still a bit of a mess due to school starting and all of that jazz, and like I said, I usually give myself a little bit of time before really expecting anything of myself.  It's interesting to note that this blog was actually active when I went back to school for last semester, so while I may not have been as vocal about my creeds and ideologies, all the same ones were there, just unspoken.  Hopefully the mood hits me right sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment