Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

UU Mock Interview

Even though it's been 3 years since his rocking days, Eric McAwesome has not been all that quiet.  While it may not be music, it's certain that he, under the name SgtDrFunk, is up to something, and Utube United sat down to find out what.

UU: Thank you for sitting down with us.

SDF: No problem.  I don't get to say it enough, but I really enjoy interviews or whatever.  It's like talking to yourself except...with someone else. [laughs]

UU: That seems to be the theme these days.  So what are you working on now?

SDF: Oh God, everything I can really.  Well, not exactly.  I don't want to sound like I'm keeping myself too busy but uh...yeah, I'm trying a few things.  There's the YouTube, there's the blog...and I recently have been feeling the urge to get back into music too.

UU: Back into music huh?

SDF: Yeah well, for most of 2011 I was out of it.  I did a little in the summer and then my musical inclinations just flatlined.  It was the first time I'd really let it do that since I started playing.  But now I sort of feel the urge.  I don't trust myself to act out on it though, so who knows.  The blog and the youtube are really keeping me interested right now.

UU: So let's say for a moment you were to make a full return to music.  What would it be like?

SDF: Honestly, I have no idea.  I'd  love to be in a band that does short, stupid punk songs.  On the other hand, I'd love to be in an arena rock band like AMNW again.  I'd also be happy in a band playing anime and video game covers.  The Japanese kick some ass in the music department.

UU: Coming back into reality, what's the big project?

SDF: I wish I had a definitive answer.  I guess my Lets Play of Fire Emblem really.  It's the only thing with continuity that's actually being worked on somewhat consistently.  It might be on hiatus for a few days more, but yeah, that's definitely what I'm working on right now.  My blog is a little more random, even though I'm in the middle of a challenge to break my old monthly post record.  As far as novels or anything like that goes, I'm not doing anything with consistency right now.  I'd love to be, but at the same time I'm okay with what I am doing right now.  At least with my blog and youtube I'm putting myself out there.

UU: And here we are in this fictional interview.

SDF: Whoa man, don't go getting all meta on me know! [laughs]  What are you referring to?

UU: Didn't you say somewhere that your blog was getting taken over by Russian robots or something?

SDF: I only said it because it's true.  Yeah, a lot of my referrals for my blog are spam sites.  I don't know if I'd rather have them or not since, you know, they're my biggest source of views.  That's kinda depressing, yeah, but still.  [laughs] I'd take real people any day, of course.  I mean, sometimes I don't write or make something for that moment.  When I make something, it lets me be comfortable.  if I died tomorrow, there'd be plenty of me left to explore, you know? 

UU: Die tomorrow?  That's fairly bleak.

SDF: But it could happen.  One thing I always like to say to myself when I think about keeping healthy and stuff...trying to live longer, is "and then some drunken asshole t-bones you and your counted calories are all over the street!"  Granted, i hope on my treadmill more often now, I'm not about to start doing all this shit to live longer and healthier.  For all the time you gain, you lose some gaining it.  I'd rather make something in that time.  I mean, I guess it's kind of depressing, since there'd be a lot more "what could have been."

UU: Right.  So assuming you don't actually die tomorrow, what's next?

SDF: Well, I'm back in school soon, no fighting that, so I don't know what kind of thing I'll get into, but things will probably be slow for a week or two.  Again, My LPs are kind of my priority right now, but I'm not averse at all to anything creative taking me over.  And hey, if there are a few interviews for whatever reason, cool, I don't mind bein narcissistic every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Actually my favourite post so far... Why have I not thought of this??

    I'm speaking to your manager and booking an interview next week.

    ReplyDelete